An interesting observation!
One noteworthy reality about Europe’s current political leadership is summarised here by Phil Lawler:
• Macron, the newly elected French president, has no children.
• German chancellor Angela Merkel has no children.
• British prime minister Theresa May has no children.
• Italian prime minister Paolo Gentiloni has no children.
• Holland’s Mark Rutte,
• Sweden’s Stefan Löfven,
• Luxembourg’s Xavier Bettel,
• Scotland’s Nicola Sturgeon—all have no children.
• Jean-Claude Juncker, president of the European Commission, has no children.
So a grossly disproportionate number of the people making decisions about Europe’s future have no direct personal stake in that future.
QED (quod erat demonstrandum)